Does the car have a seat pressure switch embedded in the seat cushion?  ie,
seat pressure switch says, someone in in seat, seat belt must be latched...
On some of the jap crap cars, early on, it would trigger a no start if you
sat in the seat and did not latch the seat belt before trying to start the
car...
Nanny to the max...

Pressure switch fails... car is dead.. no starter.. Call AAA,

Did the nannys at Benz ever get that out of control?  I don't know.