Dead starter?  If the lights are dimming when the key is turned to the
start position, sounds like the solenoid is getting power, so either the
solenoid or the starter motor may be the culprit.

Make sure battery voltage is 12.5 volts or more with no load,  and then
measure the battery voltage when you energize pre-glow and then crank, it
should drop a bit depending on your battery health, maybe drop to 11.5 or
11.0 volts or so.  If it drops below 11, your battery is suspect and you
can take it to flaps for a load test.

There is a three-connection point near the brake booster, middle wire is
the signal to the solenoid, so if you jumper 12v to that terminal the
solenoid should engage and the starter crank the motor over (make sure
transmission in park).
Max
Charleston SC