My carbed version wasn't bad on the highway either. However, as the
transmission got old it required effort to keep it in overdrive. When it
dropped into 3rd the rpm rose and the mileage dropped. Also noisy and rougher
at 3K plus rpm. In 4th around 2K rpm. Had to be very light on the gas pedal or
it would shift down and proved difficult to get it back into 4th at higher
speeds.

Sent from my Galaxy TabĀ® A
-------- Original message --------From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> Date: 2018-12-09  9:58 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Okie Benz
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT:
Compost from road kill (Mitch Haley)
The 88 had throttle body injection, so it was actually pretty good on fuel,
especially on the highway.

-D