> Mitch wrote:

> In under five minutes, that POS vacuumed up 1.5GB of data
> through my cell service. And all she did was log into facebook
> and read 3-4 messages.

I'm with you!

I had a new-to-the-house iPad that decided all WiFi was
non-metered and without asking downloaded 10G OS update.  On my
metered WiFi.

I now have that MAC set to get a dead-end gateway so it can't get
out, and have the firewall set to block apple updates, and I think
I found a way to set a "meter" flag on my local WiFi.  3 ways it
should never happen again.  I still don't trust it....