I'm thinking drain the fluid,  brush the joint between the head and block clean where I see it bleedin, slather on the JBweld, wait a day or 3, refill radiator, and give it a try.

The only vergasser I would consider is an e320 or similar.  I know a 300E M103 will have a head gasket leak soon, if it does not already leak.  (Unless there is a documented head gasket replacement within a few years.)  I'm looking for a $500 to $1500 heap.   That $600 SDL in Chit cago would be a candidate if it was not so far away.

I'm also considering a 2009+ dogde GC with 150 to 175k as a replacement for the current one, and relegating the current one to work detail. Hauling junk around seems to be part of the plan for the next few yars.   I can get one for about 3500.

Around here, people seem to want $1500 for non-running heaps of any flavor. (not MB)  So it looks like some travel will be involved, but I am gonna check with one local place.