we had a 89 Civic w/o PS.  It was a great car except for that...  After that I bought the 91 300D and my epiphany occurred.  I've pretty much given up on repairing the 91 300D with the rust problem at the rear suspension.  But I may keep it as a spare parts source if I can find a nice replacement 124 300D.

LarryT