> On January 13, 2019 at 4:17 PM OK Don via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
> wrote:
>
> Bear in mind that large air cooled aircraft engines
> have much looser tolerances due to the wide temp swings in operation, thus
> more fuel can get into the crankcase.

My 1977 Saab would go 10,000 miles without appreciable oil loss. I used to
change the "Lee Two Stage Maxi Oil Filter" every 5k and the oil every 10k.
(whatever happened to Lee filters, anyway?)
IIRC, that's not the way it works in a piston engine Cessna. Is the oil
consumption measured in quarts per day when flying cross country?

Mitch.