Even with the $70 discount right now they would still be almost $700
 for a set of the same tire at Costco.  They have a coupla other
 Michelins that are bit less.

BFG's at $461.96 fitted have the $70 discount now too and come in less than $500, and have a W speed rating (168 mph maximum speed) which I will definitely need! The Michelins at $737.96 fitted are H (Up to 130 mph). I guess that would work too...but $276 difference doesn't seem worth it if the BFGs are decent for touring, etc. They got a good performance test review on tirerack but a bit noisy

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=238

The Kumhos were a bit more than the BFGs too, the Coopers a bit less but the Costco discount drops BFG per-tire price by $17.50 making them a good deal compared to the others.

I will swing by Costco this week and see when they can get some in, looks like they have to order them, discount is good for a coupla weeks more.

I was trying to figure out when the tires on the car now were made but can't decipher the codes.

DOT F33P DTMX

E2 0205575  (<-- is that Feb 05?  if so no wonder they are cracking!)

02    04511-S e2

Note too that these tires are 255/55/R16 and should be 225/55R16

Michelin - Pilot MXM4

Tire Size: 225/55R16
Load Index: 95
Speed Rating: H