> > Gerry wrote:
> >
> > I've often thought of having 2 -12v batteries in parallel with
> > each other and the cars charging system so that when one
> > eventually failed, you could keep going on the remaining good
> > battery by switching the cables around.

> Curt wrote:

> There are 2 batteries in the ASV I guess for more starting
> capacity.

That's what GM 6.2 and 6.5 have.  Big trucks usually have even
more.

GM wires them the easy way that causes extra load on the one
battery compared to the other.  When connecting multiple batteries
in parallel (increased current, same voltage) it's best to wire
them with the load/charge connected to both ends.

Rather than describe it with text, I have attached a sketch.