On Sun, 7 Apr 2019 10:22:19 -0400 Dan Penoff via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Gotcha.  Makes total sense. I know people who pressurized first with
> nitrogen because it was an inexpensive and easy way to identify
> potential leaks as well.

In making high vacuum systems in our physics lab at UT Austin, the
students using them made of all stainless steel with metal gaskets.
Then they would wrap heating tape around all the pipes, start their
pumps and bake the system at 400 deg.C to get rid of all of the moisture
and other corruptions. Then they could get vacuums of 10^-11 to 10^-13.

Purging with a dry gas is a better substitute for car AC systems.

Craig