Bushings good.  you can feel the detents in the trans.  Parked in park.  neutral in neutral.  No go inforward or back.  Was running 55, pulled up to a stop sign, no more go.  no sound, no noise.

Adjustment for what?  there's quite a few adjustments.  modulator, vacuum input, linkage, neutral start switch etc.

Its tired.  Been tired for a long time.  We've been nursing it along for years.