With that kind of amp draw per light bar, I'm thinking they must be Halogen
bulbs, which in todays LED world are "old stuff".
First, ask what lights he is wanting to run. Then suggest he switch to
LEDs, which are much lower amp draw and much better light.

Just switched to an LED landing light on the Aeronca Sedan and it is
magnitudes of better light, with much less amp draw, so I am a full convert
to LED because of that.

IF he insists on going the high amp draw and adding a second alternator, I
suggest that alternator be wired into a completely separate bank of
batteries with a dedicated wiring harness which ONLY runs the high amp draw
lights. That way, the start system and the "lighting system" do not kill
each other and leave you to walk home, in the snow, in the dark.