Craig's got it, he wants to use a 300w light bar. I think he's crazy, I have a
24" bar on the ASV and its like daytime, I dunno what he thinks he's going to
achieve.
I'm going to go back with "Dual alternators is harder than its worth" which is
true in a very practical sense...
-Curt

    On Saturday, April 13, 2019, 12:54:22 AM EDT, Craig via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 21:03:15 -0700 G Mann via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> With that kind of amp draw per light bar, I'm thinking they must be
> Halogen bulbs, which in todays LED world are "old stuff".

There are 300 W LED light bars.  300 W / 12 V = 25 A.

> IF he insists on going the high amp draw and adding a second
> alternator, I suggest that alternator be wired into a completely
> separate bank of batteries with a dedicated wiring harness which ONLY
> runs the high amp draw lights. That way, the start system and the
> "lighting system" do not kill each other and leave you to walk home, in
> the snow, in the dark.

That's a good idea.

Somewhere around here I have a link to a CB page where they had a 1 kW CB
transmitter in an automobile. They had thre, maybe four, alternators.

Craig