On Apr 7, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Marshall Booth wrote:

You must NOT push the change interval when using Mobil 1 ATF. You need
to change the fluid/filter at about the same interval as part of the
purpose of the ATF/filter change is to remove the friction material
debris (that will clog the filter). Even conventional ATF is seldom
"worn out" when a change is required although it may be damaged or
contaminated.

The advantage of M-1 ATF is the much smoother shifting (and resulting
longer friction material life) and more viscosity consistency with
respect to temperature.

Marshall

It would be cost effective to save the fluid and change the filter. One of the reasons for using M1 ATF (or Amsoil in my case) is to reduce friction/wear. So theoretically there should be considerably less particles in the fluid. They both make claims of extended drain intervals. Once again, analysis of the fluid will tell all and should govern when fluid should be changed.
        I plan on running our 190D to 45,000 miles and send in a sample.

Johnny B.
I Mac Therefore I am