John Berryman wrote:

It would be cost effective to save the fluid and change the filter. One of the reasons for using M1 ATF (or Amsoil in my case) is to reduce friction/wear. So theoretically there should be considerably less particles in the fluid. They both make claims of extended drain intervals. Once again, analysis of the fluid will tell all and should govern when fluid should be changed.
        I plan on running our 190D to 45,000 miles and send in a sample.

I'll be eager to see how things work for you. I had found that shift quality started to deteriorate at 20-25kmi using conventional ATF and at about 30-35kmi using Mobil 1.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)