I have chased how to hold onto all of my hoard and found no viable solution.
Best to cut my losses and move on.

having said that, #1 boy just did cut his loses and let go of his w140 300SE
for $300.  It had been sitting awaiting attention for two years and he was
never going to get around to the head gasket and wiring harness, so may as well
allow somebody who will do it have a big old car.

clay monroe