Great idea, Mannfred! The only concern would be if it’s at or near the correct
length. The part on this car is a fixed length, there’s no adjustment. I
realize the W123 part would be adjustable, but if it’s too long or short it
wouldn’t of much use.

If I knew which one was right hand thread I would just buy two of them and get
some threaded rod to make one the right length.

Thanks!

-D