On my spare the adjustment range is a minimum of 3" to a max of 4" with about 5mm in the bore. I don't see any numbers on the parts themselves but there is a small stamp in each R or L respectively. The one you want with the right hand thread is 123 328 00 63. The threads are the size that use a nut with the 10mm wrench size.

MG

Dan--- via Mercedes wrote:
Great idea, Mannfred! The only concern would be if it’s at or near the correct
length. The part on this car is a fixed length, there’s no adjustment. I
realize the W123 part would be adjustable, but if it’s too long or short it
wouldn’t of much use.

If I knew which one was right hand thread I would just buy two of them and get
some threaded rod to make one the right length.

Thanks!

-D