So after the rains of the last few days stopped the bee guy came to deal with these bees I have in an eave on my side porch.  He opened up the soffit and there are 11 combs up in there between the rafters and nailers.   He said the combs look empty, no honey (but something else in there I forget what he called it), but there is one new comb in the front.  He says the bees might be robbing it of honey and taking it somewhere else if the queen has vacated.  he had to go home and get some more equipment or something.  One bee hit him on the ear as he was not wearing his protective gear, even though he has been stung hundreds of times he says it still affects him, his ear will likely swell up.

He's supposed to come back and try to find the queen or deal with it all somehow.  It is all quite interesting.

--
--FT