On 17/06/2019 7:31 AM, Buggered Benzmail via Mercedes wrote:
Well now I am in a discussion regarding the air cleaner mounting bracket
(actually it had something to do with the little rubber mounting bolts), that
they ALL break at some point and some dude is telling me NA cars don’t have the
mounting bracket. I tell him far as I know all 617s have that, both turbo and
NA. Argument ensues.

Now he says butbutbut his 240D doesn’t have one. I don’t know what a 240 has
but that wasn’t the issue. Sigh...

--FT
My 76 115 300D has a 617 NA engine and does not have the rubber doodads as the filter housing is not mounted on top of the engine.. The air filter is a big cylinder shaped thing that fits inside a can mounted behind the right headlight and is connected to the intake manifold with a flexible hose.