Yeahbut, you need to ask "How often do I make a 350 mile trip?" If you answer
is "a couple times a year" then you need to redo the math and see if renting a
gas powered vehicle for those times makes sense.
All of that assumes you're going to be spending $35k or so on a new vehicle
anyway.
Besides I laugh at your puny 350 mile range, I fueled the Jetta today at 615
miles. It took 13.3 gallons of diesel which I was actually disappointed with.
Lots of around town driving on that tank. We actually went camping last weekend
and the drive there was all 2 lane, 55mph, nearly 60mpg. On the way back it was
more like 55mpg but the AC was pumping at 97F ambient...
-Curt

    On Thursday, July 25, 2019, 10:34:27 AM EDT, M. Mitchell Marmel via
Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 9:17 AM Andrew Strasfogel via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> The heavy train cars were only pulled for 1,000 feet, which may show the
> limitations of the prototype's battery, Grejtak noted. Batteries prices
> have been dropping, but their weight, power and cost are delicate
> trade-offs for automakers.

This, to me, is the main bugaboo of electric vehicles:  They're great for
around town,  but not so much for cross-country trips.

I'll look at the newest gee-whiz machine and ask,  "Can I make a 350 mile
trip with luggage without refueling?"  More often than not, the answer
will be "no"...

-MMM-