"[I use schedule 40 PVC 3 inch pipe as the water trap]"

3" diameter or length? My hangar is "plumbed" with PVC for the compressed
air, no telling how long ago, but I've always heard that it is likely to
explode sending plastic shrapnel everywhere. It would take 80 - 100 feet of
iron pipe to "do it right", which is why the PVC is still there ---

On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 10:25 AM G Mann via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

> Rule #1: Always drain the compressor tank at the end of each day you use
> it.
> This will remove much of the water in your air system and keep the volume
> at the lowest point.
> Rule #2: Rig up a "T" fitting for the air hose with the air chuck fitting
> at the upper part of the "T"  [think a "T" laying down", Make the lower
> part of the "T" long and large with a drain cock at the bottom. [I use
> schedule 40 PVC 3 inch pipe as the water trap]
> Drain this water trap before and after each use. Air goes up, water goes
> down, principle.
> I like the air fitting to be at least a foot above the water trap.
>
> Total cost, less than 20 bucks in pipe and fittings. Unless you are really
> pumping water instead of air, it should cover most operations.
>
> On Sat, Jul 27, 2019 at 7:47 AM Floyd Thursby via Mercedes <
> mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:
>
> > I've got this plastic filter thing that goes on the air outlet, has a
> > clear tube that supposedly collects any moisture or water in the air.
> > Plug that into the compressor then your air line into that.  I got it
> > years ago somewhere, HF probably sell them.
> >
> > --FT
> >
> > On 7/27/19 10:21 AM, Curt Raymond via Mercedes wrote:
> > > Have you guys ever added a compressor water trap before?I want to
> > undercoat my cars, the plan is to buy a Fluid Film kit, it comes with a
> gun
> > and goop. In the future I don't know if I'll use Fluid Film but the kit
> > seems pretty nice.
> >
> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QVH3PT8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2D9Y5DFCXS0QH&psc=1
> > > Anyway I was thinking I ought to put a water trap on my compressor, I
> > probably don't want water mixed with the goop.
> > > Anybody got a BTDT for this one? Amazon has a bunch of choices.
> > > I've got a 21 gallon Harbor Freight compressor:
> >
> https://www.harborfreight.com/air-tools-compressors/air-compressors-tanks/21-gal-25-hp-125-psi-cast-iron-vertical-air-compressor-61454.htmlThe
> > compressor is surprisingly good. It takes a long time to fill but works
> air
> > tools pretty good.
> > >
> > > -Curt
> > >

> > --