You might sleep better at night after viewing this "Schedule 40 Pressure
Rating Chart"

http://www.heritageplastics.com/pvc-water-plumbing-pipe-east/pvc-schedule-40-pressure-dwv-pipe/

Those ratings might be lowered with factors such as age, heat, chemical
exposure, or other things like vibration cycles. However the margins are
quite high, considering average compressed air shop pressures.