Yeah, Dan, why are you so defensive about living in Florida?  :)

Yesterday while boarding up windows, I knocked down a dead shrub to make
room for a ladder.  Living in the rotten wood was one of the grossest bugs
I have ever had the unfortunate experience of seeing.  Looked like a super
grub, about two or three inches long, white and slow moving, but no
discernible legs or mouth or anything.  Surely it would have matured into
some other form, maybe a moth or ???  It was broken into two pieces when I
broke off the shrub, and both pieces kept slowly wiggling around for
several minutes.  Called over my daughter, she's got a stronger stomach for
such bugs than I do.  We took pics and a couple movies.  Moved it out of
the way so I didn't step on it, maybe some frog or snake or bird will eat
it.

Speaking of snakes, daughter saw a big black rat snake this a.m., must have
been flooded out, moved quickly into our big mess of Sago palms.  More
critters will be out and about as the storm progresses.
Max
Charleston SC