Been to FL for extended times, central and gulf coast (Sarasota/Englewood),
small time in Miami Dade.  Not my particular cup of tea, but it could grow on a
person.

Most best place I found to live was Guatemala City.  Constant spring
temperatures at that altitude. 18-24c all day, every day for 50 weeks of the
year.  Green plants, no violent bugs or beasts, the locals are nice people.
The politics are less than perfect with the occasional crazy banana republic
antics.  Probably not as nice as I remember now that it has gotten all grown up
and modern, but just might be paradise with the low cost of living and fresh
food.

Seattle is becoming more and more like Venezuela.  Political idiocy and anti
social populace, but a blessed natural beauty.  Moderate climate with no evil
beasties.  Except for the influx of rabid cotton tails.  Makes you think you
need the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch just to take a walk

clay