Marshall Booth wrote:

<SNIP>

Low compression is the most common cause in situations with all of the symptoms you have, but if heat from the block heater (it DOES work doesn't it?) should make starting faster. Heat is unlikely to improve a fuel problem.

Marshall

I seem to have fallen asleep before I finished what I was saying in the next to last sentence.....

...if heat from the block heater doesn't doesn't improve things, then it isn't likely valve ADJUSTMENT - tight valve adjustment IS heat sensitive. Burned valves or poor valve seating isn't nearly as heat sensitive.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5 turbo 237kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi (retired)