Don't remember about that one but a lot of the connectors inside the plastic parts are soldered onto the wire. Sounds like someone took a shortcut there.

MG

Kevin Kraly via Mercedes wrote:
Are washers required under the air filter housing mounting nuts? Also, while
Messing with the main linkage from the valve cover down to the IP, I knocked
off the wire to what I believe is the temperature sending unit. Can I just take
the connector apart, re-route the wire inside the connector, and pop it back on?

Sent from my iPhone