Hi Mitch,
Yes, it can be driven.  And yes, I drove it home from the shop when the rust was discovered. But I don't know how it would be on the road.  We kept it below 45 on the way home and it was approx. 10 mi.  By the time we got home the bearing was really roaring loudly.  I was worried it might seize.   The battery in it won't hold a charge for long, the one that was in it died and I had another around here I thought had a little more life in it than it does.  But I can charge it and it will start and can be driven somewhere close.

Actually a few people were interested in it but they planned to drive it and I persuaded them that wouldn't be a safe thing to do.  FYI, The connection between the top part of the suspension is not critical IMO, but the connection where the lower/front link attaches to the chassis would cause the tires to wear rapidly.

Are you asking me to store it for a while?

Larry