This is where a lot of people get caught up with solar down here…

They don’t understand the concept of grid-tie systems and when the utility goes
down it takes them down, too (if they don’t have battery backup.)

So when the next hurricane blows through and power goes down, even though
you’ve got that roof full of solar panels, you go dark, too.

Surprise!

-D