This time it was an aesthetics and functionality thing. He likes the simplicity
and the styling of the W124, but thinks he can off road with 4Matic.

I suggested a W210 4Matic, as they’re far more common, less expensive, and more
reliable and easier to maintain. I pointed out that the original 4Matics were
troublesome and prone to leakage.

But hey, what do I know, right?

-D