Yes. Florida law mandates that HOAs cannot dictate anything about alternative
energy installations, such as solar. There are city and county ordinances that
come into play for something like a wind generator, but HOAs have no say in
solar installations. They often “suggest” things as far as trying to persuade
where panels might be installed so as to limit the visual effects, but that’s
nothing more than “theater” as they are prohibited from dictating anything in
this regard.

The community standards in my neighborhood have an entry saying something about
requesting owners to try and place solar panels on the side or back portions of
their roofs, but it’s nothing more than a suggestion. You could put them on the
front of your house and there’s nothing they can do about it.

-D