From what I have read of the manual, this thing plugs into an outlet on one of the circuits of your breaker panel and then feeds back into the panel. The bad part of that is when the power goes out and you have the battery backup off grid controller and inverter installed when the power goes out then you have to plug anything that you want running into the inverter. When the power comes back on the inverter goes off line and nothing plugged into will work so everything has to be plugged back into the outlets that they were originally in.

That said, If the power company meter readers see the solar setup they will probably report that and the utility company will have some questions for you and may even disconnect your electricity from the Grid till you are in compliance with their regulations and have the system inspected. Could be a whole bunch of problems going all the way back to the building inspectors office possibly including fines for non inspection etc.

Just a thought.

However for a cabin in the woods with no grid power I can see it as a great idea.

Meade Dillon via Mercedes wrote:
Karl - I like the idea of this one: all the equipment is on the house side
of the meter, so electric company only sees a reduction in your usage.  I
did not study their claimed ROI, so economics aside...

If a home-owner installed this DIY or acted as his own general contractor,
and assuming no HOA interference, would someone like Dan in FL be able to
do this without consequence?
Max
Charleston SC

On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 10:44 PM Karl Wittnebel via Mercedes <