That sounds like a good system.   Whatever you do, obviously, you want triangles.   Big triangles are more good than small triangles.

MG via Mercedes wrote on 11/6/19 8:36 PM:
I'm not an engineer and haven't even played one on TV so I'm not making any claims that this will work for you.

  What my dad and I did on the porch we built on his house was to run cables with turnbuckles for adjustment from both inner corners to the opposite outside corners of the roof. That has held for over 35 years. Going just to the center may work but probably not as well. In his porch the walls are sliding glass doors and the roof is aluminum 2x8 hollow beams with fiberglass corrugated panels on them. Probably less resistance to shifting and racking than the roof you have with the plywood. The whole porch is about 20x35 with monolithic slab on the ground so no racking or shifting of the floor there. In your case I might be very easily talked into doing the same cable tensioning under the floor just because.

MG