That's smarter, all the donor parts could be of value.  Much easier to
transport to your transplant location.

Consider using an OM603 or OM606 turbo engine, which can provide a lot of
the torque needed to move a pickup in a more satisfactory manner.

An OM606 turbo would need a mechanical injection pump from a 603 to make an
easier swap.
Max
Charleston SC