“Marinizing” an engine, that is, making it suitable to operate in a boat, is a
very tricky business and typically involves some serious modifications to an
engine, primarily in the cooling and exhaust systems. A water cooled exhaust
manifold would be required, along with a heat exchanger (closed system) or not
(open system). You would also need to set up an accessory drive for the raw
water pump as well.

Far more complex than dropping it into another over the road vehicle, I would
think.

-D