This may not be off topic, but I found the article interesting enough to go
look for the book

https://www.wired.com/story/how-dumb-design-wwii-plane-led-macintosh/

I wonder how much the dumbing down of the user experience has impacted the
newer model cars.  I had to drive SWMBA’s ‘yota of choice to class today and
was boggled at getting accessories to function the way I required (wipers,
heat).  Years of driving Mercedes had me trained as to where things I needed to
have function belonged.  And those systems had been in those exact locations
over at least a 50 year period.  I am not sure if they remain there today, but
I am sure I could sit in any Benz built since 1960 and knobs and buttons would
be where they belonged, and I could drive right off.  Not so with this car.
Too many buttons and whistle features I could not figure out.  Even worse, the
“yota I am supposed to be driving will not arrive for two more weeks, and I
will not be back to ANC until 2020 to learn all its tricks.

I will be so pleased to get behind the wheel of the SDL and transport myself in
comfort for the next six weeks.

clay