I did get trained to the MB way of doing things.  That was on the w115 with no
bells or whistles.  Nothing automagic to mess with, analog all the way.  One of
the friction points with the w220 was the addition of dingles and dangles to
complicate the experience.

Before the Benz, there was the confusion of adjusting to how the “new” car
wanted things done, as we changed brands with each car, in search of a
viable/reliable marque.  I found Mercedes of the w115-w124 era to fit that mold.

In future, the cars will be engineered beyond user interaction.  Just get into
your rolling coffin and arrive at your destination.

clay