This is topical, as I just got the first of my two shingles shots yesterday….

The monograph they give you with the shot says that one of the potential side
effects is flu-like symptoms for 2-3 days following, which occurred in 80% of
the test subjects.

Oh, yeah.

I started feeling crappy last night but just chalked it up to a day that began
at 4:45 am and ended past 11:00 pm. Today was a different story. Achy, flushed,
chills, etc., as bad as I’ve had the few times I’ve really been nailed by the
flu (I get annual flu shots, I would add.) I left work at noon today and went
by the bank to set up the wire transfer for our closing tomorrow. Then I went
home, logged on to work, piddled around for maybe 30 minutes then went to bed.
Slept on and off through four hours of the Addams Family channel on Pluto TV.

I just got up and am feeling a little better, not much. I’m a little put out by
this, as I was planning on changing spark plugs in my 98 S210 wagon this
afternoon, but there’s no way I’m up for that.

Suffice to say, if you get the shingles vaccine (Shingrix) be prepared. And
like with most immunizations, the injection site is sore as heck, but I can
deal with that. All this aside, get the shingles vaccine. You definitely don’t
want the disease.

-D