Converting gas to diesel is not trivial. All you wiring will need to be
different, unless you can harvest a terminal block, instrument panel and
all wiring from a diesel sedan. At that point you might as well put a 606
in, and if you are doing that, maybe just go one better and drop a salvage
om648 with a 722.6 in it for modern power, shifting, overdrive, economy and
emissions. Just use the factory ecu and tcu from the donor.

Rear end ratios are likely different.