IIRC, financiers forced Preston Tucker to hire an established automaker
executive (who was from GM and did not want another automaker to exist) to
order him around. We all know what happened to Tucker. He was prosecuted for
fraud for raising money for a car company when he 'never intended to make any
cars'. "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, now that the trial is over, would you
like to go for a ride in some of the cars I never intended to build?".
Mitch.