> Mitch wrote:

> +14F is pretty much the safe minimum for a Leaf battery.

14F = -10C.  So -17C is quite a bit colder.  About 1F.

> How many hours of daylight are you getting in AK this week?

Today I saw sunrise 8:08, set 5:13, duration 9:05.

Official daylight - with the sun above the horizon?  Or the sky
isn't dark?  Sunrise and sunset get really long as you get closer
to the poles.  For PV electric generation, true sunrise and sunset
may be valid.  But for "it's dark outside", civil or nautical
twilight is probably more viable.

In Lansing, the length of daylight is just over an hour more when
including civil twilight and a bit over 2 hours if it includes
nautical twilight.