For mileage? Unlikely. The best I ever saw from a 240D was 32mpg. Average over
150,000 miles of driving 240Ds for me was more like 28mpg.
My '98 Jetta maxed at 56mpg, I think I've had the '15 up to 58 or so. In all
cases thats never going over 65mph, sometimes not going over 55.
Angie's '05 Golf has done a paltry 50mpg, the pump deuse engines just don't
make the economy of the others.
Any of those VWs will accelerate faster than a 240D, which is understating how
much faster they are. They'll out handle a 240D and start way better in the
cold than any 61x engine. The 2015 especially is amazing in the cold.
240D is a lovely car in a lot of respects but not from a fuel economy
perspective its outclassed by basically any sedan its size or smaller made in
the last 15 years.
-Curt

    On Thursday, January 23, 2020, 1:08:38 PM EST, Curley McLain via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 I suspect a 400,000 mile Mercedes Diesel beats them all handily.   Or
even a 250k mile 240D probably would beat them.