I agree, that there are places where video is good, or even better.

But I tend to remember Dragnet more and more:   "Just the facts, Ma'am."

Rick Knoble via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 9, 2020 at 1:06 PM

Both types of media have their place. For facts, knowledge, and some entertainment, reading is my preference. For some hands on type education, I find video to be best. I always struggled with written assembly instructions (insert tab a into slot b) when I was much younger. Watching someone do it, even at double speed, the light goes on in my head and I say to myself "ooohhh, that's how it's done". Podcasts and audiobooks have their place too. It's pretty darn hard to read a book while you're driving.

Rick