How new is the truck?  Is it a DEF truck? If it is, it has other sensors
involved in the fuel system which would have potentially been destroyed, if
was driven enough there was a DEF purge cycle started...
If that is the case... tow it to dealer only and have the tow truck
followed by a Brinks truck... to bail out the DEF diesel truck after dealer
gets done replacing the fuel system components.
[sounds like it might have been driven for a while after gas was inserted
into diesel tank which is the "kiss of death" on common rail computer
controlled engine]