Fuel tank supply pump may still be OK, There is a test port on the VP44
injection pump to read supply pressure from pump. I would start by testing
tank pump supply pressure.
If the VP44 had gasoline run through it.. the pump is galled and can not
make pressure to open injectors [I'm betting] which means, no fuel to
engine.
IF I recall... there is a test port on the fuel rail to check that... at
the dealers..
New VP44 injection pump is in the $3,000 range.... ouch