Luther Gulseth wrote:
That is the recommended oil level. Between the Add mark and half-way above it. It should be 1 qt low when at the add mark.

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:54:25 -0500, Zoltan Finks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Just wanted to confirm that it's okay, and recommended to let the oil
level remain at half-way between the two indents (a pint low, I
believe). I mean even if I'm running it hard - 90 mph on the highway,
etc. 83 240D

Brian

If you keep the oil filled to the top line it'll just keep burning off the excess every time and you'll think you have a high oil consumption problem. Then you'll sell it to Kaleb for $500.

It will stabilize where it wants to be.

Jeff Zedic
Toronto
87 300TD