Wow. That had to suck. I’ve had pets die in my lap (stroke) and had to put them
down at the vet. Both suck.

I put off having the feral cat’s teeth cleaned, as she ate dry kibble and I was
pretty satisfied that her teeth looked fine. After she got the hypothyroid
diagnosis and we got her sorted with that, I had her teeth cleaned. They had to
pop a couple out, and found that she had had an abscess behind one of them for
some time. Really made a difference in her appetite, even after getting the
hypothyroid stuff sorted.

Boy, did I feel like a jerk after that. Sorry, Kitty. Annual dental cleanings
now.

Get your cat’s echocardiogram done, Andrew. Don’t put it off.

-D