Since I’m a part of the Security team, HR has been bugging us about ways to
check up on employees. What they don’t like is that we keep slapping their
attempts down because they’re typically some form of an invasion of the
employee’s privacy. We have a time keeping system, but it’s not tied to active
directory or any other means of seeing if the employee is logged in or not, so
their time sheet wouldn’t necessarily correlate to their logged in time.

Not only that, I can log in first thing in the morning and as long as I move my
mouse or hit the keyboard every 15 minutes, my session stays active. Who’s to
say I’m not working? That’s why many of our mangers and directors are more
interested in results. If the work gets done, that’s what’s important. if it
took you an hour or five hours doesn’t matter for the most part.

Never forget - HR is *not* your friend.

-D