That does look like a good idea! I have one of these on the Cessna -
https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/safOilDrainValves_06-00637.php
which makes an oil change on it easy - push up and rotate and the oil comes
out. The oil in the Cessna gets changed more often than the truck, so even
at the inflated aircraft price it is worth it.
The truck with it's once a year oil change (~ 7,000 miles) is questionable
for spending money on replacing the drain plug, but I think you could find
the parts for even less.

--
OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!