Yeah, the lag in pulling it from the ground to pouring it into your tank is not
as fast as we all wish it were.  As was pointed out in the articles, this is
for delivery of oil in MAY.  Ten days from now.  The lock in for price, and
having to have a place to stash it kicks in 4/21, so everybody wants out.  Sort
of like being on site not when Kaleb eats the burrito, but a few hours later.
The product in the pumps most likely was sent to refinery at $50 bbl, if not
more.  Been sitting around in massive tanks waiting for somebody to use it, so
room for more fuel can be had.  No profit in giving fuel away, as the refiner
would be underwater.  Constipation ensues in the fuel production pipeline.

The other painful part is that there will be a massive decline in employment in
the industry.  Well paying jobs that keep cities going.  Oil field work is
deemed essential.  These jobs go away, and there will be town large and small
that are not going to be able to support a wallyworld importing cheep chinee
crap, let alone some local yahoo with a tastee freez.

With the slow melting away of winter, I would gladly drive all the way to
Colombia to make more room for oil.

And now there will not be fleets of fresh off the line RVs being delivered up
north along the Alcan, which would have consumed at least a tank a day on the
trip up.  Severe constipation with everybody backed up and unable to flow.
Makes TP seem superfluous.

clay

I have no pronouns please do not refer to me.